Do you have a healthy understanding of property lines in Geronimo, TX? You may think you have a handle on this situation, but you may be surprised at the facts. Site engineers in Geronimo, TX often have to inform property owners about things that were previously unclear concerning their land. To make sure you have all the facts straight, review the following misconceptions:
- Encroachments are rare: The truth is, neighbors go over property lines all the time. Just because someone else’s pool or other property is on a plot of land doesn’t make it theirs. This encroachment may be accidental or intentional. If you have any questions about where your yard ends and your neighbor’s property begins, contact a site engineer in Geronimo, TX to survey your property and identify the precise boundaries for future reference.
- Fences mark property lines: You cannot trust a fence to mark exactly where your property line should be. It may be close, but it’s usually off by a bit. If the fence is older, it is even more likely to have shifted the property line. This may or may not be an issue, depending on future plans and your relations with your neighbors. If you would like to determine if the fence line should be corrected to better match the property line, consult with a land surveyor to mark your property lines in Geronimo, TX.
- Surveys aren’t necessary: Are you considering putting up a new fence or installing a water management system on your property? It’s best to get a professional land survey to ensure you don’t encroach on anyone else’s land. As you plan your project, budget for this additional cost. It will be well worth it to avoid issues in the future. Contact your site engineers in Geronimo, TX to complete this important part of your project.
- Surveys shouldn’t be repeated: Don’t assume that, just because a survey was completed in the past, you should not get a new one. If it’s been a while since a survey was done, it’s a good idea to order a new one. This can verify previous surveys or provide a more accurate and up-to-date survey for current and future use.
- Surveys are unaffordable: A survey of property lines in Geronimo, TX is a wise investment. Think of it as another minor cost of property ownership. Investing in one up front is much cheaper than removing or rebuilding structures later because they were built in a manner that encroaches on another property. Contact your local site engineer in Geronimo, TX to conduct an affordable survey for your property.
Don’t suffer from misconceptions. Get the truth today. If you’re unsure about anything concerning your property lines in Geronimo, TX, contact the experts at Bettersworth & Associates, Inc. Our experienced land surveyors can answer any questions you have and work with you to schedule an accurate survey of your property. If you’re purchasing a property or considering improvements, this one phone call could save you time, money and headaches in the future.