If you have a large land parcel, there are a number of reasons you may want to consider subdividing it. Subdividing land is often a prudent way to manage your assets and resources. If you’re considering subdividing your land, you’ll need to hire a knowledgeable professional to conduct a subdivision survey.
Benefits of subdivision
There are a number of benefits associated with investing in a subdivision survey in New Braunfels, TX. Here are just some of the reasons you may want to consider hiring an expert land surveyor:
- Increase land value: In most cases, several small parcels of land are worth more than a single larger parcel. If you’re looking for a surefire way to increase the value of your total property and ensure that you’re receiving the best possible return on your investment in your land, consider subdividing it before bringing it to market.
- Enhance marketability: Not only are small parcels worth more, they’re also usually easier to sell. Typically speaking, it’s much easier to find a buyer willing to invest in a small parcel of land versus a large collection of acreage.
- Preserve land for the future: If you’re hoping to downsize your property but still want to continue living in your current residence, subdividing your land will allow you to liquidate some of your assets while maintaining control over as much land as you like.
Things to keep in mind while subdividing
When working with a professional specializing in land subdivision surveys in New Braunfels, TX, there are several things that you should consider. Here are just a few tips to keep in mind as you begin the process of subdividing your property:
- Keep it small and simple: The smaller the lot you’re planning to subdivide, the better. If you’re hoping to create larger parcels, it may complicate the subdivision process and result in more out-of-pocket expenses.
- Observe local laws: Local zoning laws and your local homeowners association may prevent you from subdividing your land, or severely restrict what you can do with subdivided property. Consult with your land surveyor to learn about any potential restrictions that may affect your property.
- Cater to the market: In most cases, the goal of subdividing land is to generate property or liquidate assets. This means that you should always create properties that meet the needs of the local market. When creating a subdivision plan, do your best to accommodate these local wants and needs.
- Examine potential ramifications: Finally, it’s important to learn about any unintended consequences that you may generate by subdividing your land. While your property may be grandfathered into current zoning laws, subdividing it may require you to make improvements to your electrical systems, sidewalks and driveways.
Since 1953, Bettersworth & Associates, Inc. has been a trusted provider of subdivision surveys in New Braunfels, TX. You can count on us to provide you with a detailed, accurate assessment of your property. To learn more about our comprehensive surveying services, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Subdivision Survey