If you’re hoping to install a new fence on or around your property, you may be wondering what type of documentation you need to have on hand to construct your new boundary properly. After all, you’ll want to avoid accidentally placing your new fence on your neighbor’s property, or building it on land owned by your local government or municipality.
To construct a fence legally and correctly, you’ll need to invest in a land survey from a professional land surveyor in Guadalupe County, TX. They’ll be able to assist you with arranging for the correct type of survey, and walk you through the entire process of securing the necessary documents to build your fence correctly.
There are, however, a number of different kinds of surveys, each of which serves a different need. If you’re hoping to engage in a number of property improvement endeavors, you may need to invest in more than one type of survey. Here are the most common types of surveys available from land surveyors in Guadalupe County, TX:
- Boundary surveys: Boundary surveys are one of the most basic types of land surveys produced by land surveyors in Guadalupe County, TX. If you’re hoping to build a fence, you’ll likely want to invest in a boundary survey. These documents clearly detail the exact places where your land begins and ends.
- Construction surveys: These surveys examine plots, deeds and more to determine precise sloping, utility locations and more. Construction surveys also stake out existing structures, and provide you with the knowledge necessary to build on your plot of land. Some construction surveys may also include a soil analysis that recommends which type of foundation structures are best suited for use on your land.
- Topographical surveys: Topographic surveys are generally performed by civil engineers; they include a comprehensive analysis of the site’s slopes, ditches, utility trenches, roads, water features, embankments and more. Topographical surveys are necessary for building more complex projects, like infrastructure.
- Site planning surveys: Site planning surveys combine topographic surveys and boundary surveys. They are generally used to design roads, subdivisions, house lots and more. Site planning surveys are an essential component of the real estate development process. If you have a large plot of land that you’d like to develop, a site planning survey is the place to start.
- ALTA/ACSM surveys: The American Land Title Association (ALTA) and the American Congress on Surveying and Mapping (ACSM) surveys are the industry’s gold standard of comprehensive surveys. These documents include virtually everything that you could hope to know about your land.
For more than half a century, Bettersworth & Associates, Inc. has been one of the premier land surveyors in Guadalupe County, TX. We’re proud to provide each and every one of our clients with highly detailed, expertly produced land surveys that allow them to make the most of their property investment and safeguard their land for the future. To learn more about our comprehensive, high-quality surveying services, reach out to one of our exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable representatives today.
Categorised in: Land Surveyor