Building a new highway or public road is a complicated task that requires the cooperation of several local governments, private landowners, engineers, contractors and surveyors specializing in boundary surveys in Guadalupe County, TX.
Surveyors play a substantial role in the process of creating a new highway or roadway. They begin by plotting out the proposed site of the roadway and identifying any challenges that the team may have to overcome during the construction process. Then, the surveyors work extensively with the contractors, governments, and landowners involved to prepare documentation outlining all of the steps necessary to safely construct a new roadway on a given piece of land.
Understanding the significant role that surveyors play in the creation of private and public roadways can help you recognize the importance of working with a trusted, well-established surveying company when it comes time to construct a roadway on your private piece of property or in your municipality. Here are just some of the responsibilities of surveyors when it comes to highway boundary surveys in Guadalupe County, TX:
- Determine topography: One of the first things the survey team will do is determine the topography of the proposed construction site. They will carefully analyze the slope of the site, along with the quality of the soil and the terrain. The topographical survey will outline any existing roadways, as well as waterways, utility lines and other obstacles.
- Account for infrastructural needs: Using the collected data, the surveyor will then begin to outline each site’s infrastructural needs. This means that they will account for any overpasses, bridges or tunnels that will need to be constructed to create the highway. They will also outline the necessary gradation of the roadway under construction.
- Outline best routes: Surveyors can also use the data collected during the survey to propose the best possible route, given the overall conditions of the site and the type of soil present in various sections throughout the property.
- Verification: After the contracting team has graded and leveled the site of the proposed highway, the surveyors will revisit the site and ensure that all of the measurements are accurate. This will keep the roadway safe for public use, and ensure that it’s ready for traffic upon completion.
- Road repair and maintenance: A number of future surveys may need to be conducted in order to repair and maintain the roadway. Over time, the gradation may shift, new utilities may be installed and more. Additional surveys will keep the future roadway safe and accurate.
For more than 60 years, Bettersworth & Associates, Inc. has been a premier provider of highway construction surveying and boundary surveys in Guadalupe County, TX. We’re proud to partner with local governments and large landowners to help construct roads, highways and other thoroughfares. With more than a half-century of experience creating high-quality, accurate and dependable surveys for our clients, you can count on us to execute your highway construction survey promptly, accurately and professionally. To learn more about our comprehensive surveying options, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.