Whether you’re looking into purchasing a new piece of land or are hoping to establish your residential property boundaries more accurately so that you can invest in an addition for your home, there are a number of reasons that may cause you to consider investing in a residential property survey in New Braunfels, TX.
While it may seem like residential property surveys are overly expensive, it’s important to realize the massive value that they can help bring to your property. Investing in a residential property survey can go a long way toward improving the value of your land, both from a fiscal and a usability standpoint.
If you’re thinking about scheduling a survey of your residential land, you should work with a trusted survey provider. There’s no shortage of ways that investing in a quality survey can help you maximize the way that you use and interact with your property.
There are a number of benefits associated with investing in a residential property survey, including the following:
- Property lines: The most common reason to invest in a property survey in New Braunfels, TX is to establish property lines. You can see more accurately where your property begins and your neighbor’s property ends when you invest in a residential survey. This is valuable for new construction efforts and fencing erection.
- Easements and right of way: If you’re considering planting a tall tree or investing in a new shed for your land, you may want to first consider checking with a residential property survey to see if there are any existing easements on your land. Easements are sections of property over which municipalities and utility companies maintain access control.
- Surface waters: If there are any ponds, rivers or streams that run through or alongside your property, investing in a survey is a great way to see how your property boundary interacts with those surface waters. For instance, the riverbank may serve as your boundary, or you may have access to the river itself.
- Joint driveways: In many densely populated urban and suburban areas, joint driveways are common. Investing in a property survey in New Braunfels, TX can help you determine where your side of the driveway ends. This can help resolve access disputes with neighbors, and allow you to take control of your driveway.
- Utility lines and poles: If there are any underground utility lines running beneath your property, or utility lines running above your property, it will affect which areas you’re allowed to build on. It’s important to possess an accurate, in-depth knowledge of any utility lines that may affect your ability to build on or otherwise alter your residential property.
Since 1953, Bettersworth & Associates, Inc. has been a trusted company specializing in land surveying. For over 65 years, we’ve been offering quality land surveying services to residential, commercial and institutional clients. To learn more about ways that we can help you with your property survey in New Braunfels, TX, reach out to one of our friendly, knowledgeable associates today.
Categorised in: Property Survey